The manufacturing industry is in full transformation. Are you turning this challenge into an opportunity and wanting to work on key breakthrough areas? Through this #ManufacturingCommunity you will learn all about the various building blocks, the ones that you have already preceded and the ecosystem to which you have access.
- Innovative labour organisation at Rf-Technologies: moving to more autonomous teams by implementing pragmatic steps Rf-Technologies, a manufacturer of innovative solutions for passive fire protection such as fire dampers and smoke evacuation shutters, decided to organise a pilot project to convert the Promat & Metal department into an autonomous unit. They decided on a very pragmatic approach with a gradual process. Description The 170 employees at Rf-Technologies in Belgium and Slovakia develop ... Read more
- TE Connectivity Belgium: The ‘human-centred’ approach of a 5-star factory TE Connectivity in Oostkamp prioritizes maximum involvement of all employees in the daily operation of the factory. 550 employees were actively involved in the “Vision 2022: What does our factory look like in 2022?” exercise. Description All 700 employees at TE Connectivity Belgium BVBA in Oostkamp develop and produce connectors and inductive components for the automotive industry. ... Read more
- Innovation professor Wim Vanhaverbeke’s opinion on: Is open innovation the future? Companies that want to innovate are finding it harder to do this alone. The technology is ever more expensive and complex, the time to innovate is ever shorter and a product or service can often only be sold to a customer when various companies have worked on it together. The golden path to open innovation? This ... Read more
- Belgian Factories of the Future and Machine Learning: What is possible and what is required for the manufacturing industry? Machine Learning is a section of Artificial Intelligence that addresses the development of the learning abilities of manufacturing machines based on data, algorithms and technology. But how can this be converted into specific applications? What is possible and what is required? We brought technology providers, innovative manufacturing companies and cutting-edge start-ups together to exchange ideas ... Read more
- “The Belgian automotive industry is and will remain the jewel in the crown” Worldwide the automotive industry is currently operating in uncertain times, mainly because the stricter CO2 emission regulations are not clearly defined yet. What does the future hold for the automotive industry? It is difficult to know what the future will bring, which is why customers are hesitating. Or they decide to leap forward and buy ... Read more