The manufacturing industry is in full transformation. Are you turning this challenge into an opportunity and wanting to work on key breakthrough areas? Through this #ManufacturingCommunity you will learn all about the various building blocks, the ones that you have already preceded and the ecosystem to which you have access.
- Networked Industrial Communication: guaranteed process efficiency These days, it is hard to imagine operating without reliable data flows and seamless communication. The same applies to production processes. Networked industrial communication enables all of a company’s business segments to be integrated, making it a central component of data availability and the Internet of Things. The main objective of industrial communication is to connect ... Read more
- Choosing a suitable partner for R&D collaborations: pitfalls and opportunities If a company decides to set up an R&D joint venture, finding a suitable partner is of crucial importance. The partner has to match the company on several levels in order for the cooperation to be successful. A partner can be assessed on the basis of several factors. Not all factors are equally important for ... Read more
- In-flow philosophy: Creating processes and enhanced efficiency at Robert Bosch Perfect visibility. This is the challenge that Robert Bosch Produktie N.V., based at Tienen, sets itself on a daily basis as it produces windscreen wipers and wiper arms for both OEM customers and the aftermarket. The sustained effort it has put into meeting this objective over the past five years, with an enormous investment of ... Read more
- BMT Aerospace’s business takes off Airbus, Embraer, Sikorsky, Sukhoi, Boeing, … These are all big names that will appeal to the imaginations of those who love aviation. But did you know that all these large companies share a Belgian supplier in common? Its name is BMT Aerospace. The emphasis it places on digitalisation, extreme precision and development of highly specific ... Read more
- A new work management system means that Mirion Olen is now a benchmark site NASA, ESA, CERN, the International Atomic Energy Agency … Some prestigious names feature in Mirion Technologies’ orderbook. In 2019 the Olen-based radiation detector manufacturer has added a Factory of the Future Award to its list of references. Thanks to Value Stream Mapping (VSM) and an innovative work management system, the firm has managed to grow steadily without ... Read more