The manufacturing industry is in full transformation. Are you turning this challenge into an opportunity and wanting to work on key breakthrough areas? Through this #ManufacturingCommunity you will learn all about the various building blocks, the ones that you have already preceded and the ecosystem to which you have access.
- Colruyt : Automation focused on staff Just like many other companies, the Colruyt Group has invested time and money in the automation and digitisation of their production facilities. The major difference between the Colruyt Group and other companies is that their staff are the central element of each and every innovation. Their staff were actively involved in the refurbishment of the Colruyt ... Read more
- Janssen Pharmaceutica : market leader based on open innovation en a human-centerd approach Janssen Pharmaceutica is the first chemical and pharmaceutical company to win the Factory of the Future Award. In the VRT (Flemish Radio and Television Broadcasting Organisation)’s poll for De Grootste Belg (The Greatest Belgian), Paul Janssen was beaten by Father Damien, with Eddy Merckx some distance behind. There is a great metaphor here, bringing us back ... Read more
- Streamlined production earns Niko the Factory of the Future Award There are very few homes in Belgium that do not contain a power socket or switch by Niko, based in Sint-Niklaas. The innovative company has over a hundred years of history, spread across three generations. But this long history doesn’t stop the company from constantly looking to the future. “The best proof of this? The Factory ... Read more
- How does a company become a Factory of the Future? Use the tools developed by the Fokus project Thirty-two Belgian companies have already transformed into a Factory of the Future and have received the Award. Is your company next? Paul Peeters, Lead expert, Innovation at Agoria, offers hints and explains how a company can start the process of transforming into a Factory of the Future. Peter ten Haaf (Sirris), Fokus Project leader, provides ... Read more
- How do you become a Factory of the Future? – Provan reveals… This company established in Genk, Belgium, currently employs 80 people and was one of the first Factory of the Future Award winners in 2015. The company has since completed a follow-up assessment and has been awarded the title for the next three years. Provan provides ‘tailor-made metal solutions’ for which they focus on total solution projects. ... Read more